Let one rip without clearing a room, Demon Skin is a 2D hack and slash where you rip, tear and flay monsters on your PC (later on consoles).
- Gas Station Simulator Prologue Early Days – The DIY Route
- Sam And Max Save The World Collector’s Editions Get Big Box Treatment
- The Darkside Detective A Fumble In The Dark Walkthrough
Demon Skin has seen quite a few transitions since conceived in 2014, and Project lead Denis Listov switched from 2D to 3D, with different game engines and funding.
Everyone told me that if I want to do something right, I have to learn how to do it by myself. That to create a game I’d have to master programming, animation and other stuff as well. Not to mention other development tasks that needed to be done. Sure, I could have started with something less complicated, but this game was the only thing I could think about!Denis Listov, lead game designer at Ludus Future
Key features in Demon Skin include:
- Sophisticated combat system. Improve your skills by mastering various stances for lightning-fast parrying and inflicting maximum damage with spectacular finishing moves! Keep an eye on the level of stamina and other indicators of the character’s physical condition – all these features directly affect the outcome of the battle.
- An extensive skill tree. Gain experience to learn new combos and enhance health, stamina, and attack power.
- Dozens of enemy types. From skeletons, zombies, and spiders to werewolves, lizards, and golems – fighting each of them requires a different approach.
- Huge arsenal for killing monsters. There are more than 30 types of edged and blunt weapons at your disposal and each type is only effective against a certain type of enemies. You can even destroy enemies with your bare hands – it’s not as effective but still a lot of fun.
- Secrets and artifacts. Some rare and ancient artifact weapons are hidden in the secret places of the game world. Find it to unlock the impressive super skills after achieving a certain level.
- A demon on the outside, a demon within. Collect shards of Crystal and become even stronger, build up your bone armour and turn into a fearsome demon.
- Gloomy landscapes in the spirit of dark fantasy. From the icy wastelands and deep dungeons to the twilight forests and abodes of the undead. This cruel world lives a life of its own, but terrifying creatures that inhabit it are not always hostile. On your way, you will not only meet enemies but also powerful allies.
Here’s a trailer for it:
Demon Skin comes to PC first on the 13th of April, then later on the PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.