Space wranglers unite in Curved Space – an arcade shooter coming to consoles and Steam this autumn.
With complete disregard to all theories about gravity, you take control of a ship that clings to the surface of each arena, following the contours of every bend.
And Asteroids, of course.
This is the debut game from Only By Midnight who have paired together a blend of physics-defying mobius strips (watch David Lynch’s Lost Highway to see a mobius strip in action), along with an 80s-inspired synthwave soundtrack performed by FiXT.
Curved Space has you harvest energy from would-be invaders, notably galactic spiders, earning various upgrades and taking on goliath bosses.
Here’s a peek at what’s on offer:
- 2D twin-stick style shooter action wrapped around gravity-defying warped 3D arenas.
- High-energy synthwave soundtrack featuring artists Scandroid, Fury Weekend & 3Force.
- Master advanced ship systems. Energy lashes, dash-boosters and Overdrive Mode.
- A non-linear Story Mode sends players down unpredictable timelines to strange endings.
- Stylish comic-style cutscenes from Heavy Metal artist Kyle Charles.
- Tons of weird and wonderful alien insects to battle, lasso and leech energy from.
- Face massive multi-stage boss battles in Story and Survival Mode.
- Over twenty weapons, from laser cannons to magnetic throwing blades.
But enough of the descriptions, have a look at the Curved Space trailer for a glimpse at what’s to come:
Curved Space is out in the autumn on the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Steam.