Coming to the Nintendo Switch next month, Commandos 2 HD Remaster from Pyro Studios and published by Kalypso Media, behind the excellent Tropico series.
The Commandos series was one of my favourite strategy games back in the 90s, but my PC was never up-to-speed to play in full resolution. But they’ll be dancing in the streets as this HD remaster hits the Switch.
Playing as the Allied’s commandos, in Commandos 2 HD Remaster, you have to infiltrate enemy bases, completing sabotage and espionage-like missions to get the upper hand with the backdrop of World War II.
Included in the remaster are updated tutorials and optimised support for both the joy-con and pro controller. Other key features include:
- Experience the Commandos series in HD for the first time on Nintendo Switch™
- Every tutorial and campaign mission revamped with reworked controls and modernised UI
- Access authentic WWII vehicles, scenarios and weaponry such as tanks and bazookas
- 10 missions spanning 9 day/night environments, all with realistic weather effects
- Steal, climb and swim to accomplish missions within fully interactive environments
- Play as an eclectic cast of characters, including Green Beret, Sniper and Whiskey the dog
- Experiment with skills and approaches in challenging, against-the-odds style gameplay
Here’s a trailer!
Commandos 2 HD Remaster releases on the Switch on the 4th of December.