Unfortunately for you romance fans, Clan O Conall and the Crown of the Stag [apostrophe removed for search purposes] is not the game you thought it could be where the clan woo the wildlife. Instead, it’s a super stylish platform puzzler out now on Steam.
- Before We Leave Review: A Bright Future
- Orbital Bullet Early Access Review: What Goes Around…
- One Hand Clapping Won’t Make You Blind
From HitGrab, this tale of Mortals, Fae and Demons follows the paths of three heirs to the thrown; Clakshot the archer, Kilcannon the warrior and Haggish the brute. Each is a master of the bow, blade and fists, respectively.
Their mission is to destroy the Mother of Demons, Caoránach, and succeed Chief Ardan as the new king. The animatics are beautiful and look like they’re straight from a Cartoon Network show, but Clan O Conall and the Crown of the Stag gameplay doesn’t look like a Flash-based game, but as mentioned, super stylish.
There’s a fragrance of Helheim Hassle and a little Potata: Flower Fairy, so there’s no doubt that the presentation will appeal to folk with a similar taste. As for Clan O Conall and the Crown of the Stag gameplay, you needn’t be indecisive about who to control, as you can switch out all three, utilising their skills accordingly.
Key features include:
- Instantly Swap Characters, weave together each characters’ unique strengths
- A stunning, hand-crafted 2D visual style
- Meticulously designed platforming puzzles across three unique worlds
- A deep combo and upgrade system for each character
- Explore a world based on Celtic lore
Here’s that trailer:
Clan O Conall and the Crown of the Stag is out now for PC and Mac on Steam.