It’s pre-alpha footage for this indie isometric RPG for a game that was announced last year, a game set in a ravaged future Australia, the characters adhere to a Moral Compass where they can influence and be influenced based on their philosophical leaning.
I’m incredibly proud of the leaps and bounds the team have made since we revealed Broken Roads…. We’ve had our heads down working on a range of new characters, locations, quests and game features and it’s great to share a little of that for everyone at gamescom.Craig Ritchie, Founder & Game Director of Drop Bear Bytes
Core features in Broken Roads include (and you can also bookmark the official website for developments):
- All-new post-apocalyptic setting
- Unique morality system influencing dialogue, quests and character development
- Authentic Australian locations and environments
- Blend of traditional and original RPG mechanics
- Up to 6 party members
- Turn-based tactical combat
- Hand-drawn artwork
- A content-rich and densely-crafted world
Below is a compilation of clips of the game so far:
Broken Roads is scheduled for release in late 2021, but it’s totally worth it, bruh, considering this bespoke Moral Compass mechanic as I need to realign my own. It’ll be heading to the PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4 and some Microsoft machine.