This would be the bit where we say we’ve covered Bomjman before, but perhaps it was just a dream… nevertheless, let’s get some news out about this new superhero hobo beat ’em up.
From Unique Media (Twitter link), Bomjman is a brawler set in a post-Soviet megapolis where the police no longer exist. The hero of the title has just received ’a lethal does of unemployment and became the new superhero HoboMan’, and he uses his superpowers to confront bandits, as you do.
While there’s a large dose of humour in the game, the developers wanted to recreate the former USSR countries’ for those who experienced this nightmare in the 90s and also for those who want to fully understand it’.
Expect to experience grey skylines filled with skyscrapers, mud swamps, broken benches and a persistent smell of urine, including ‘uncensored vulgar terms written on the walls’. Make note that ‘vulgar’ shouldn’t always be deemed a crass definition, though nobody wants to be soaked in wee.
There’s a ton of things to cover in this news piece, so here’s a cut and paste on what to expect of Bomjman:
- A superhero which you won’t find anywhere else: a street hobo becomes our newest superhero. Lose yourself in the murderous adventure in which our hero is about to step in with his unwashed feet:)
- Beat ’em up and shoot ’em up experience with multiple enemies: Strip the corrupt officials of their legal immunity and have epic boss fights with gang leaders using a wide selection of ranged and melee weapons.
- The game could be described as Story Rich: the game features cutscenes created by animation designer Misha MK, leading you through the plot and helping you fully immerse into the world of BOMJMAN.
- 2,5D graphics(two-and-a-half-dimensional graphics): you can move your character not only on a horizontal or a vertical plane but also “inside” the screen. It gives you more possibilities and adds interactivity to the playthrough.
- Unique weapons: apart from the regular knives, bottles, pistols, and assault rifles, there will be unexpected weapons that you are not likely to see in other games. How about an old hardened boomerang sock that easily crashes skulls, or a smelly boot that creates a smokescreen?
- Active gameplay environment: You can find interesting objects by simply studying the surrounding environment. Empty bottles on the street or porn magazines in a trash can will definitely put a smile on your face.
…and a trailer:
The planned Bomjman release date is the 15th of December, so why not wishlist it on Steam now to get the notification? You know it makes sense.