- Before We Leave Review: A Bright Future
- Orbital Bullet Early Access Review: What Goes Around…
- One Hand Clapping Won’t Make You Blind
Available to play since 2020, the injection from the publisher means that the developers can add more polish to the game in time for the imminent release date. If it’s remotely like the trailer, we’re in for a treat.
Set after an apocalypse, civilisation shows signs of recovery, and this is a game with a difference as Before We Leave takes a non-violent approach to the genre – there isn’t a budget for turrets or barracks. That said, expect to encounter the Kraken.
Besides the addition of new biomes such as the swap, rainforest and crystal isle, there are heaps of features in Before We Leave:
- Expand the Horizons: Going from a lowly settlement to a sprawling colony of Peeps, players will need to traverse mountains, forests, oceans and the depths of space to explore and settle
- Tremendous Tech: As players progress they can research technology to better their civilisation, including sailing, industry, trade, and more
- Keep the Peeps Happy: Running a colony is no small feat; in Before We Leave players will need to keep track of Peep happiness alongside pollution, food, and resources
- A Whole New World: With a number of biomes filled with resources and mysterious relics to harvest from, it’s the players job to utilise the land and plan their colony
- Award-winning Soundtrack: Benedict Nichols (Omno, The Falconeer) composes a soundtrack fit for any benevolent leader, winning a Pav ‘The Composed Segment’ award for excellence in audio for his score, working alongside James Dean of Akau Audio who provided in-game sound design
Check out the trailer and the way that the tiles appear when exploring!
Before We Leave is set for release on the 13th of May on Steam.