Set during the French Revolution, Banner of the Maid is an RPG coming to consoles this year.
Released on Steam earlier this year, developers Azure Flame Studio are announcing a Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One version, with CE Asia previously on publishing duties.
Banner of the Maid is a turn-based strategy game with an anime flair, playing as Pauline Bonaparte – possible sibling of her famous brother, Geoff.
Leading a mob as their officer, she also moonlights as a maid and has ‘mysterious powers capable of turning the tide of a battle’.
Well, if it’s an anime style and she’s a maid, it might have something to do with her attire?
With well over 30 different environments that range from cities to mountains, the scenery changes up quite often, as does the weather elements such as snow or fog.
Sounds good, what else?
- Live an epic story of war and politics in an alternate French Revolution
- Fight iconic turn-based battles in more than 30 different dynamic environments
- Take part of the political vortex of Paris in a thrilling history of intrigues and glory
- Complete quests and challenges to establish political connections, gain funds and secure supplies
- Train your generals to improve their abilities. More than 30 characters with different backgrounds and skills are available for you to command!
- Talk to your allies to win their trust and understand their hearts, and you will be unstoppable in battle!
Have a look at the trailer below:
If you have a Steam account, you can play the Banner of the Maid; alternatively, a release date will be announced for consoles soon.