Primal Light, from No Gravity Games, appears to have captured the 2D action platformer in a vial, done a few tests, and then spat out a rather nice looking 16-bit game for the Xbox, Switch and PC that’s out now.
This almost passed me by, but fortunately, I had a quick look-see at the trailer, and it won me over, as I’m sure it will for many other retro fans.
You play Krog, a mysterious blue creature that’s a little similar to GRIME, where you have to brave the lonesome world after a horrible moon god has burnt it to the ground. Key features in Primal Light include:
- Explore a bizarre and evocative world filled with ladders, levers, traps, and monsters, arranged linearly across 10 levels.
- Face 10 challenging bosses in arcade-style combat reminiscent of the 16-bit era.
- Master new acrobatic abilities as you progress, allowing you to overcome obstacles and enemies.
- Dive into challenging side paths to uncover hidden collectibles, unlocking upgrades and passive abilities.
- Experience stunning pixel art and a majestic soundtrack.
And here’s the trailer for it:
Primal Light is out now for the Xbox and Nintendo Switch. You can pick it up for the PC as well.