AAK! Another cat game, but that ‘AAK’ is a clever (pfft) nudge to introduce Astro Aqua Kitty, from Tikipod, available now on the Nintendo Switch, with PS4 and PSVita coming out in a couple of days.
- Before We Leave Review: A Bright Future
- Orbital Bullet Early Access Review: What Goes Around…
- One Hand Clapping Won’t Make You Blind
Touted as an action RPG shoot ’em up adventure, you choose a crew to check out asteroids filled with water. Quite specific. All the hallmarks are there – ‘Battle bizarre enemies, mine magnificent gems, grab new weapons, install enhancing devices, and unlock your crews’ unique skills as you level up XP’.
Key features in Astro Aqua Kitty include:
- Set over 8 increasingly large levels, you begin by helping the exploratory mining cats and fighting robotic native wildlife.
- Difficulty modes to suit all abilities, from RELAXED (quite casual) to EXPERT.
- Pick from a choice of 4 different pilots and 4 engineers to build your two person crew. Each animal has unique stats and skills.
- Destroying enemies gives you XP, allowing you to level up over time. Each time you level up you can unlock and equip one of your crews unique skills, as well as being able to upgrade your ship.
- Weapons and devices can be installed in your ship to enhance it. Certain combinations of these can better suit different enemies and situations than others.
- Mining rocks for gems gives you extra spending power to shop for the upgrades you desire, but enemies also drop occasional goodies as well as orange supply crates if you can find them.
- Battle a vast array of enemies, from tiny scampering robotic crabs – to huge multiscreen turreted ships!
Here’s a trailer for the Astro Aqua Kitty PS4 version:
Out now on the Switch, the PS4 and PSVita will be released on the 15th of April, and the PC and Xbox One Astro Aqua Kitty versions are on the horizon.