A turn-based strategy with rogue-like elements, As Far As The Eye leapfrogged the charts on Steam and Twitch last week, so what’s it all about?
This game from developer Unexpected and publisher Goblinz Studio is primarily a village building title with procedurally generated components. With an ever-rising flood, you, as The Eye of the title, must guide your citizens, a tribe of Pupils, to safety.
As a result of the conditions, the village is a mobile one, so you have to take your tribe across various terrains, always one step ahead of the flood, keeping an eye on resource management.
Aside from the day-to-day running of the village, you can guide them in their studies too, covering the ways of agriculture, crafting, scientific and mystical research.
Key features of As Far As The Eye include:
- A peaceful adventure with no enemies, other than the floods pushing your tribe ever-onwards
- Establish camps as you travel across ever-changing maps with different regions, resources and events
- Uncover mysteries of the land as you discover ancient relics and lost treasures
- Make tough decisions as you try to balance the resources and skills needed to survive your epic journey
- Meet allies, negotiate for resources, and recruit new Pupils to your tribe
- Unlock new playable tribes and regions to discover new ways to play
- Earn rewards and unlock new stories by reaching The Eye with as many Pupils as you can
You can catch a glimpse of the gameplay with the following trailer:
You can pick up As Far As The Eye now on Steam, or if you want to wait and my opinion helps a little, I’m playing it now so will draft up a review early next week.