- I Wish My Eyes Had Lasers. Boom! Done
- Fix This! Gas Station Simulator Update On The Case
- Gas Station Simulator Tips
A game by PlaySide Studios, it’s a survival RTS where you have to fend off against a seemingly infinite swarm of enemies that rise out of the darkness to take out all life. Taking them to death, not a pleasant meal.
Procedurally generated maps are relatively common now, so what makes Age of Darkness: Last Stand stand out, is the insane amount of enemies on screen at one time, without needing a supercomputer. The enemy, The Veil, uses the in-house SwarmTech as devised by the devs.
Key features in the game include:
- Nightmares made real: Using an internally developed technology ‘SwarmTech’, Age of Darkness: Final Stand is able to render in over 70, 000 enemies on screen at any point
- All-consuming fog: Claim back the procedurally generated world from ‘The Veil’, a dynamic fog that conceals enemies, and drains the life from a player’s forces
- Earn your blessings: Each ‘Death Night’, a random affliction appears that modifies the game, testing the player’s best laid plans and ability to keep the darkness at bay
- A champion must rise: Leading the charge against the horrors that await, Heroes can be the key to turning the tide of battle with their unique abilities
- An army needs training: Configure your army differently each run with a skill tree system for different classes – grant your archers invisibility or imbue your sentinels with life-stealing rage
Have a look-see at the latest Age of Darkness: Last Stand vid:
As mentioned, Age of Darkness: Last Stand is out this Autumn in Early Access. Wishlist it from the link below.