Adventures of Chris follows and an unconventional hero who balloons out of control on this platform comedy adventure.
It would appear that the hero of the day doesn’t spell his name with a ‘t’ at the end, for Chris is his name, and he is great. Allegedly.
Adventures of Chris, from Guin Entertainment and Graffiti Games, immediately comes across as either a parody or an unfortunately titled game about botanist experts who have to mix various types of soil to revive, well… plants.
Fortunately, it’s the latter and doesn’t appear to take itself seriously as Chris is a ‘chubby funster’ with superpowers such as turning into a balloon. If Kirby can, so can Chris.
Set in 1995, and influenced by one of the best decades (keyword being ‘Rocko’), Adventure of Chris is a cartoon-like platform game, packed with comedy throughout.
- Uncover a sinister story in a quirky, cartoon-like universe.
- Explore 9 locations around the world in any order you please, plus the Kingdom of Lost Balloons and more!
- Build Chris from a weak kid into the ultimate underdog hero by upgrading him with unique special moves and abilities that you can customize to your style.
- Learn (or purchase) increasingly powerful spells and techniques.
- Battle bizarre villains across the globe, including samurai cats, cyborg penguins and whiny vampires.
- Float or fall through unique platforming challenges.
- Two additional full game modes, including bonus content – a more difficult and humorous Mean Mode, and Developer Commentary.
- A variety of unlockable content and secrets to discover, including an in-depth backstory.
- Numerous difficulty settings, including “Ridiculously Easy” for players who prefer to never die, and “Hard for No Reason” for crazy people.
- Snort out loud with a game chock-full of laughs.
Chris’ unique combat and platforming elements will thrill gamers of all skills, and the game’s family-friendly content means people of all ages can transform Chris into a hero we all dream to be.Chris Guin, CEO of Guin Entertainment
Wait a minute.. ‘Chris‘ Guin?
Here’s some moving bits in Adventures of Chris – the trailer!
Adventures of Chris is being promoted for the Switch, but note that it will also be available for Steam, too.